Friday 29 April 2011

what a lovely day for a tea party!

If there is ever is a reason to throw a party then I'm on it! I love it! Well today we had a double celebration not only was it the Royal wedding but me and my Mum and my 4 sisters came with there other halves and my 2 nephews to celebrate my sister Evangeline's birthday.
Whilst getting the party ready I kept dipping back to the television to watch the Royal Wedding, I mean even if you are not a royalist you have to watch, it is a part of our own history and our British heritage.
I also found out today that my late Grandad bought us a coin to commemorate the wedding of Charles and Diana, at the time Rebekah, Evangeline and I were alive but my younger sisters, Susanna and Christiana were yet to be born, he also however bought my Mum and Dad a coin each, so my Mum has got 5, she has given us each one, I was really touched and thought it was such a lovely thing to do.
I gave Evangeline her present I bought her a lovely personalised note book and I made her some bunting, I remember her saying that she loved bunting and i know that she has the same love of writing lists as me! She seemed to really like it.( the notebook was from funkypigeon.com and for the next 5 days you can get 50% off everything including notebooks with this code ROYAL50)

I made the bunting on Wednesday and wanted to make double sided bunting so at first I tried sewing two triangles together but inside out, but when i turned them the right way it it wasn't pointy enough. So i decided to sew them together the right way round it looks a bit rustic, cos the edges are slightly frayed but think it looks good. If you are looking for a good first project for your new sewing machine then this is it, it's simple but effective and really gets you used to spacing of the thread and sewing in a straight line! I used the fabric that I bought from Abakhan the day before and i think they went really well together, and whats best is i have lots left for more projects!


We also had a cracking tea party, Mum made a yummy Vanilla Birthday cake, I made the sausage rolls and pink lemonade and some open ham sandwiches and Rebekah made some delicious scones(served with scones,strawberries and clotted cream) and egg mayo and cress sandwiches with homemade bread (served with salt and vinegar crisp an absolute must), even the birthday girl Evangeline made a lovely tea cake. (all dairy free I might add! apart from the clotted cream!) we are such a talented bunch!

This isn't today's spread this is actually a tea party we did for mothers day but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment